Who are we
The School Tutors Programme is operated by Tutor Hunt which provide a platform to connect tutors/teachers with schools. We take privacy very seriously and are always committed to protecting it.
Below we've set out information and rules which defines what information we keep, and choices you have to access, update, delete, and control it.
Type of Information
"Personal information" is any information that we can use to identify an individual. For instance, this is data that allows you to be identified as a particular person, such as your name, phone number, or your address. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information.
Personal Information that we collect through our services
- Registration : Once you register with Tutor Hunt the account admins email address along with your username is stored on our databases. In addition, we require the following data at a minimum to complete registration with our service;
- The account administrators full name and title
- he account administrators phone number
Further optional information you can provide with your school account is;
- Subjects and level you are seeking
- General information about what you are seeking help in
- Your availability
- Member Activities : While registered on Tutor Hunt we may store the following additional information depending on which parts of the site is accessed, these include;
- Feedback tutors have received from schools
- All correspondence with any schools and tutors on our site through our internal messaging system
- Any searches made on our website
- All online whiteboard lessons are recorded (video and audio) for child protection, these are downloadable by the tutor and tutee. They are stored using a 3rd party service.
- Payment Data : As part of our online tuition service (via our whiteboard), tutors are required to store their payment details with us to receive income. We may also store payment information for use of our premium service for tutors.
Tutor's profile may contain personal information such as a profile photo, personal statement and feedback from other students.
All our users' profiles may show in external search engine results pages (such as Google).
Our users are free to disable cookies within their browser, but this will likely limit the functionality of Tutor Hunt.
At this time, we do not respond to browser requests to "do not track", we await the development of industry standards for how such requests should be interpreted.
Server Log Data
Our server store standard log files which enable us to view an individual's IP addresses, from this we will be able to lookup which ISP is supplying that IP address. From our logs we are able to see the date and time at which you viewed each page on Tutor Hunt, other standard information in these log files include a "user agent" which shows which internet browser and operating system you were using. We mainly use this log data to see which pages are popular and other general user behaviour across Tutor Hunt.
From this data alone we are not able to collect any personally identifiable information. However if a user signs up to our service we are then able to track a particular user (via their IP address). This data is only used by Tutor Hunt, but we may pass this data on to legal authorities or other 3rd parties if we receive abuse from a particular user.
Right to Access / Deletion
Tutor Hunt acknowledges that our users have the right to access the personal information/data that we maintain about them. Our users have the right to seek access, or to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data. Any of our users to request these changes by contacting us through our contact form.
Unless we have another legal basis for storing your personal data we will delete or de-identify the personal data we have stored about you within 30 days of when you withdraw your consent.
Your General rights as a Data SubjectSince GDPR you have important right to protect your personal data. You can access any of these rights by contacting us through our contact form. The following is a summary of those rights;
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you would like to know more about what data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records where there is no longer a good reason for us to continue to process it.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
We will not be able to erase information that is required to maintain our business purpose, we have a legal reason to keep it, or data that is required to facilitate your contract with us.
Our Purpose for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
For Tutor Hunt we require the information set out above to be able to provide our services to you, and for our legitimate interests. We must collect and process personal information provided to us to carry out: checks to prevent fraud, network security, provision of administration and IT services, form a contract with you, and for child protection. We carry out our identity checks to meet our legal obligations to do so.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at any time.
We may link to external websites, that is, websites that are not part of Tutor Hunt (third-party websites). Tutor Hunt are not responsible for the content of these external internet sites. We are careful who we link to, but since the sites are out of our control they could contain unsuitable content and may have privacy policies which differ from Tutor Hunt. Please review their policies if you are concerned.
All pages at Tutor Hunt contain familiar logo and menu system, if the site does not contain this layout you have most likely followed a link to an external website.
How your data is shared
If you are a tutor we will provide your contact data (Your full name, address, phone number and email address) to a student if you have consented to that student accessing your details, or you have scheduled a booking with them. Your can remove your consent by closing an enquiry with a student at any time.
At Tutor Hunt we only use 3rd party solutions if it's necessary for our business, and as a result, after careful due diligence, work with a very small number of select companies. We pride ourselves in keeping as much functionality as possible in-house, as we believe it's far safer for our customers data.
Currently we work with the following companies:
- PayPal / PayPal Holdings Inc (USA) - Our online payment provider
- Zendesk / Zendesk Inc (USA) - Provides the infrastructure for our customer service queries
- Google / Google LLC (USA) - Provides traffic analytics for our website
- BrainCert (USA) - Provides services to support our online whiteboard
Your data may be shared with these companies to insure we can develop and maintain our services.
We take email privacy very seriously with users of our website. Any Email address the user supplies when signing up, are not sold to 3rd parties for marketing purposes. This includes any personal information we may obtain from emails we receive through our contact us form.
Contacting Tutor Hunt