Safeguarding for our school tutors
We are committed to ensure that children work in a safe environment. All our tutors that we send to schools have completed our training course which includes keeping them up to date on our safeguarding policies. We take online safety very seriously.
Our recruitment processes are outlined below for full transparency, tutors and teachers which are offered to schools form part of our School Tutors Programme which has strict eligibility requirements, and differs from our home tutors.
School Tutors Programme Recruitment Requirements
- Personal details verified by Photo ID
- We ensure they have the Right to Work in the UK
- They must pass our interview, this is conducted either face to face or online
- They must have a enhanced DBS (issued within the last 3 years)
- We verify at least 2 references
- They must pass our training programme (this typically 1-2 weeks)
- If the tutor has teaching qualifications, we verify them.
- A large number of tutors do not make it onto our programmme, we carry out lesson observations for the one's which are on our programme to ensure quality standards are met.